Let’s play a game: spot the person of color.
Jennifer Lawrence - English, German, Irish, and Scottish
Matt Damon - Scottish, English, Finnish and Swedish
Leonardo DiCaprio - mostly German and Italian
don’t feel like looking up anyone else.
whoever made this is as ignorant as they are “trying” to make this picture seem.
it’s more than just the color of skin.
get ya crusty ass self up off my post naming like 5 flavors of mayonnaise talmbout diversity, you stupit.
PLEASE READ. WILL NOT HURT TO AND FORWARD.
Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in plastic drink bottles
and capping it up - leaving it on lawns, in mail boxes, in gardens, on driveways etc. just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the rubbish, but you’ll never make it!!!
If the bottle is picked up, and the bottle is shaken even just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up enough gas which then explodes with enough force to remove some your extremities. The liquid that comes out is
boiling hot as well.
Don’t pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.
Pay attention to this. A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little water. A small piece of foil.
Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!! No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.
Please ensure that everyone that may not have email access are also informed of this.
I’ve dealt with these before. If you find one:
- Do not touch it
- Do not touch it
- Clear the area around it. It will explode on its own in time.
- Once it explodes, do not make contact with the liquid inside. If needed, flush it away with large amounts of water.
- Do not try to detonate it. You’ll probably be disfigured.
I’ve seen what these can do. The acidic liquid inside can strip the paint off a car.
when i visited vancouver these were everywhere. it’s not a fucking joke they’re actually scary
Just a reminder that there are awful shitty people out there doing awful shitty things to everyone else
there was a bunch of these at disneyland
i found one in my back yard, when i let my dogs out, i pulled them back inside, took my cousins bb shotgun and shot it from a safe distance (i was in my house and shot from the screen door. When it went off, my family and neighbors came running to see if everything was ok. I told them what happened and to watch out for them.
These things are not a joke! When we went to check the damage there was a fucking hole in the ground. The dirt in my yard is like CLAY.
This shit is bad news
PLEASE DON’T BE AN ASSHAT. PLEASE DON’T LEAVE BOMBS IN PEOPLE’S YARDS.
It’s funny because Americans wont get it
this is killing me. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
i was tempted to write what it means, but then i thought
no, let them suffer
Okay, I’m going to take a gander at this.
(I have no idea why I was compelled to use that expression.)
Is “auto class” the same thing as driver’s education?
Hmm. Is part of it a “the screen is fried” pun?
oh my fucking god
this is adorable
NO I UNDERSTAND NOW
THE GLASS IS “CHIPPED”
FRENCH FRIES ARE “CHIPS”
IT SAYS “CALL AUTO GLASS”
I JUST STARED AT THIS FOR SO LONG
Friendly reminder ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ) that if you don’t sleep with someone for the sole reason that they’re HIV positive then you ARE being discriminatory towards a human being with a disease and you’re scum of the earth ｡◕‿◕｡ It’s basically as bad as saying you couldn’t love somebody with cancer. Respect people’s feelings. (◕‿◕✿)
"give yourself HIV to make someone happy. do it just give yourself an std you ffucin g piece of shit"
WOW this whole post is a mess from beginning to start so I’d like to attempt to make it better???
1) As far as relationships go, you should treat anyone with any STD the same as you would if they did not have an STD. You can hug, kiss, etc. and you’re NOT going to contract their STD those ways.
2) You have a right to know if your partner has an STD, and your partner deserves the same. If you’re unsure of your status, please consider being tested, or get tested together. Don’t treat being tested as shameful or a mark of promiscuity— it’s for your safety.
3) You are NOT OBLIGATED TO HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE. EVER. STD or no. If you’re not comfortable, and an STD has something to do with it, then DON’T. Don’t EVER let ANYONE pressure you into sex. If this becomes an issue in the relationship, you can talk to almost any doctor or Planned Parenthood about these things, and come to a resolution.
4) On the flipside, an STD does not mean that you CAN’T have sex with that individual! You might have to redefine how you think of sex— a lot of people don’t consider the full possibilities.
- Not all sex has to be penetrative sex.
- Use safety barriers! Condoms, gloves, dental dams, etc.
- Ever heard of sex toys?
5) You should treat anyone with ANY disease, whether or not it is an STD, with respect and support. Treat them like you would anyone else. If they are out and about living their lives, you can’t catch what they have just by being with them, so don’t be afraid of them.
HIV/STD discrimination is a problem right now. Students with HIV have been denied access to schools because of their HIV. People with HIV are treated terribly all around and that needs to stop. We need to stop demonizing, mystifying, and discriminating against these people.
Vegetables You Can Grow In The Shade.
Types Of Shade
It’s not easy to describe and compare types of shade but this should help you determine what you’ve got.
1. Partial or Half Shade
- 5-6 hours of sun per day, mainly in the afternoon when the sun is strongest.
- Garden beds that receive this same amount of sun in the mornings are considered ‘light shade’ and plants preferring half shade will not grow as large or quickly with the same amount of morning sun but they’ll still grow.
2. Dappled Shade, or Light Shade
- This type of shade is usually created by the canopy of trees overhead.
- Light still gets through but it’s not harsh and the total effect is less light than partial or half shade areas.
3. Open Shade, Full Shade, or Dense Shade
- Whether the shade is created from an obstruction like a house, or dense tree canopies overhead, these deeper shade areas are not suitable for veggies.
List of Veggies That Grow In The Shade
There is a hierarchy here, ranging from veggies like broccoli and Brussels sprouts that prefer a fair amount of sun (partial or half shade), to the salad greens (including mesclun mix) that do fine in dappled and light shade.
Afternoon sun is the strongest and preferable but you’ve got what you’ve got. Try stuff out and see how it works.
The amount of sun listed here is the minimum that will still provide a successful harvest.
5 hours of afternoon sun per day
This group includes brassicas (edible buds).
- Brussels Sprouts
- Swiss Chard (stalks)
4-5 hours of afternoon sun per day
This groups includes many root vegetables.
- Pak Choy
- swede, turnip
3-4 hours of afternoon sun per day
Edible leaves enjoy some shade and this helps prevent bolting.
- Swiss Chard (leaves)
3 hours of afternoon sun per day
- Culinary Herbs
- Mustard Greens
2 hours of afternoon sun per day
There are some salad greens that do fine with minimal sun. If this is all you’ve got, try growing them and see how they do.
- Asian Greens
- Mesclun Mix, “assorted small, young salad leaves”.
source Empress of Dirt.
So many PSN games for 99 cents each ⊟
This is Steam sale territory! Everyday Shooter, Retro City Rampage, Spyro and Crash PS1 games… all 99 cents. If you happen to have a PS3, there’s stuff like the incredible Tokyo Jungle, Braid, Retro/Grade, and more!
Browse the whole selection here and be sure to grab what you’re grabbing before Monday, April 21 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.BUY PS Vita, upcoming games
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X